Vinnytsia Sadovsky Theater
The Vinnytsia Sadovsky Theater was founded in the early twentieth century and its building is considered one of the most beautiful in the city. The theater was initially intended for opera and ballet, but in 1940 it was transformed into a music drama theater. Its first season debuted with the opera "Aida" by D. Verdi and for the following thirty years, the theater toured successfully across the country. In 1957 it was renamed after Ukrainian stage coryphaeus, Mykola Sadovsky. Today the theater is the center of the city’s cultural life. Its broad repertoire has over ten performances based on plays and dramas by authors of Ukrainian and world literature. Among them N. Gogol's "The Inspector General", E. Kalman's "The Csárdás Princess", as well as performances based on Lesya Ukrainka's, M. Bulgakov's and F. Schiller's works. A cultural and artistic program was launched on the regional public radio, and regular excursions to the theater’s museum are held here, as well as exchange tours with other regional theaters.